3.29.2012

Love




The old (and I mean old, it was the original appliance) broke 2 weeks ago.  We went without one for a week until our landlords brought us this baby.  I'm in LOVE!  It is so quiet. I can run it whenever I want, when we are watching a movie, during Eli's naps, or when we are going to bed.  If you ever heard our old dishwasher you know this is a BIG improvement.  The old one sounded like it was eating our silverware. I also think this is the first dishwasher of our entire marriage that actually does what that little blue light is indicating, cleans our dishes.  I couldn't be happier.  I'm so grateful for this modern-day appliance.



We had out computer in a hutch that Michael built.  It was in the living room and we loved it.  But it just wasn't working with the space and we needed more storage.  So over Christmas Break we moved the hutch into the boy's room to act as a closet and built a new piece of furniture for out living room.  Both of those projects need some finishing touches.  (We work slowly around here.)  We also moved the computer into our room.  We loved everything, except that our computer was on a little side table that was right at Eli's height and if I wanted to use it I had to kneel down.  So we (Michael) built a LITTLE workspace for me.  It's teeny tiny, but it's the perfect solution and it was cheap!  

From end table disaster...to new workspace!


Now I just need to finish the handful of already started projects and complete a laundry list of others before baby boy gets here.  But I have been enjoying a nice break from projects this week.  Its great!  I have been napping almost every day and I don't feel so stressed out.  Sometimes its good to take a break.  I need to remember that more often!


This pregnancy has been much like the last except more headaches.  I don't have much to complain about.  Mostly I'm just grateful for this blessing that that we will be welcoming a new little boy into our family in 4 months.  Sometimes 4 months feels like an eternity away.  Then there are other times-- mostly when I think about all the little projects I have planned to make room for another body in our small living quarters--that it feels like he will be here tomorrow.  

We are beyond excited to be welcoming a new little boy.  We have no idea what we will name him.  We don't even have a list!  But we are grateful, so grateful.


I'm so grateful for wonderful friends who are so fun to be around.  I'm grateful that I have a "walking buddy".  It's so fun to walk and talk and laugh and share ideas.  Although, I think I'm the one getting all the great ideas from her.  She is amazing.  I don't know how she does it.  Thanks Mary for being a great friend and example!  I'm so grateful you moved in!

Every time I put these on his fee I just die!  These sandals are just so cute on his chubby little feet.  Michael and I had a laugh about how they could have made the strap between his toes a little smaller.  
Who designs children's clothes anyway?  
Seriously though, so cute.


5 comments:

Whitney said...

First of all, your blog is so cute. How do you do all of the little headers? Second, I just about died at his cute chubby feet!! I LOVE that!

Mary said...

Ditto.

Tiffany Rumsey said...

Love the sandals- so darling!

Elise said...

I'm so jealous that Eli can wear those! I got the same ones for Kaden and his feet are SO fat on top that they don't even fit.

charity eyre wright said...

i like the theme of this blog post :) those chubby feet are to die for!